SUPERINTENDENT FINALISTMr. Matt Scoggins
Mr. Paul Jebe
The interview process will begin Monday, June 17th
with the candidate's presentation to the Board starting at 3:15pm, which is open to the public for observation.
Tuesday, June 18th interviews with the selected staff and community committees
|Board of Education Work Session
Tuesday, June 25th 6pm
EEC Board Room
Board of Education Regular Meeting
Tuesday, June 25th 7pm
EEC Board Room
Board of Education Special Called Meeting
Action Item: Hiring of new Superintendent
Friday, June 28th 8:30am
EEC Board Room
Criteria for Selection
The Board of Education has identified personal and professional qualities that are essential in a superintendent candidate such as;
- K-12 Education academic performance expertise,
- Exceptional communication skills,
- Staff evaluation and development proficiency,
- Parent and community involvement experience,
- Student behavior management knowledge, and
- Development and budget management expertise.
$85,000 to $95,000 based upon experience and expertise
District questions (500 to 1000 words) for applicant to submit with application, resume, cover letter and three letters of reference
- What is your comprehensive plan and timeline for raising the educational outcomes from Accredited to Accredited with Distinction for Rangely School District?
- In light of state deficit funding within the school finance act; how will you annually develop a minimum of $75,000 in new revenues for Rangely School District?
- How would you manage a situation where a parent’s educational perception or decision is in conflict with a teacher’s or principal’s professional judgment?
- The Board of Education has established an initiative to better serve the academic top 1/3 of students in response to state and federal pressures to direct increased resources to lower performing students. How will you advance the academic achievement for the top 1/3?
- How will you significantly advance the already positive reputation of the Rangely School District with its community and parents?
Post position May 29
Application deadline June 13 @ 5 P.M.
Board meeting to select finalists June 13
Finalists posted June 14
Interviews June 17 and 18
Regular Board Meeting June 25
*Work Session at 6pm meeting at 7pm
Board Meeting to hire Superintendent June 28
*Meeting at 8:30am
Start date July 01-31 (negotiable)
Summit application, resume, cover letter, answers to district questions, and three letters of reference to:
The Rangely School District employs a high quality staff of 35 certified, 30 classified and 4 administrators that is committed to excellence. This commitment is the foundation of a team concept that includes all employees and the board of education. The implementation of a 4-day school week has provided teachers and staff with PLC collaborative time to introduce new concepts and strategies of learning into the teacher’s instructional design.
The district boasts beautifully designed and well maintained facilities. Parkview Elementary School (PK-5) and Rangely Jr/Sr High School (6-12) serve 561 students. In an effort to maintain and upgrade facilities, the district passed a $15 million bond election in November of 2008 to focus on the facilities infrastructure. The school district is supported by a mill levy passed in 2010 ($325,000 annually for 5 years) and an education foundation funded through local sales taxes. The district maintains a healthy ending fund base equal to 40% of educational expenditures.
The district and community take great pride in the number of extracurricular activities that complement the academic program including student government, math club, chess club, FBLA, FFA, parent-teacher nights, consistency club and competitive athletics.
A few of the highlights of this year 2013:
· Higher TCAP scores for the third straight year for the school district
· Awesome summer school program 2nd year- Led by Mr. Swenson
· Technology department is stabilized and making great progress-Mrs. Mergelman
· Boces relationship was fortified-Mrs. Schott
· Significant Needs classroom at RJSHS built
· New elevator at RJSHS approved
· Partnership with Colorado West Regional Mental Health
· Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment Department developed and making progress under the leadership of Miss Neitenbach
· 11 GED parent/students in program
· Love and Logic classroom management and parent training for 5 parents and 11 teachers
· Staff raises two years in row
· Parent action teams were started and active with support from NNPS 2nd year membership
· Capital Christmas tree night, family academic night in writing and astronomy & Spelling Bee at PVE
· Science fair was awesome for 2nd year and Missoula play was entertaining
· Two great school plays under the Direction of Mr. Brunton
· Rangely Talent Show brought to us by Miss Kahler and Miss Meeker
· Terrific activities in all sports, math club, chess club, FFA and FBLA
· 5th grade student patrol program led by Mrs. Hanna
· Excellent PBIS programming in both school
· Impactful professional for certified and classified staff
· Staff newsletter and survey process for graduates, parents and staff
· Community supported Homecoming in a big way!
· 31 new graduates ready to face the world as adults with $280,000+ in scholarships
Rangely is a community of approximately 2,100 residents located conveniently between Salt Lake City and Denver. The driving industries of the area are extractive oil, gas and coal.
At an elevation over 5,200 feet, the topography is best described as high prairie and is a paradise for those who enjoy hunting and fishing. Nearby rivers and the abundance of public lands make Rangely an excellent location for those who enjoy outdoor activities ranging from hiking and camping to trail bikes and four-wheeling. For additional warm weather fun, a small reservoir is located just five miles outside of town.
As should be expected in a remote community, Rangely has a broad range of services including a supermarket, several retail stores, a motel and business center and restaurants. The community recreation center provides year-round opportunities for those of all ages including youth sports leagues and events, an Olympic-sized swimming pool, exercise equipment, racquetball courts and a nine-hole golf course.
Colorado Northwestern Community College provides a traditional program along with several vocational opportunities such as a nationally recognized dental hygiene program and a unique flight program. The college also offers a variety of educational programs for the community. Once a family establishes residence in the community, the tuition at the college is waived.
Visit community links on the employment tab.
Rangely RE-4 School District’s mission is to create a learning community dedicated to high achievement and safety for all.
Rangely RE-4 School District’s vision is to be the best school district in Colorado through constant growth and achievement.
Procedures for requesting accommodations: To request accommodations employees must contact the Superintendent, Todd Cordrey, at 970-675-2207 or email at email@example.com.
Procedures for requesting accommodations:
To request accommodations employees must contact the Superintendent, Todd Cordrey, at 970-675-2207 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.