● Line up pre-bagged candy along your drive-way / walk-way
● Send the candy through a plastic tube to the kids, helping to ensure social distancing.
● Get creative; make a plan with the neighborhood; be safe.
● Avoid having kids reach into a bucket, etc. to get candy.
● If you are handing out candy, wear your mask and gloves.
● Try to incorporate a face mask as part of the Halloween costume. Avoid wearing both a face mask and a Halloween mask.
● As you are out and about, social distance, wear your mask.
● Follow all previous Halloween safety recommendations; equip kids with glow sticks/flashlights; use reflective tape on costumes, go through candy before letting your kids eat any, etc.
Further information can be found at https://covid19.colorado.gov/halloween-tips-and-tricks
If you have any questions, please contact Rio Blanco County Public Health at (970) 878-9525.